Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Its Just A Number Right?

One day, while in the car, coming back from.. (Haha, gotcha! you didn't really think I would tell you where I was coming back from did you? *pfft* thats not the kind of blog I write remember? If you're looking for interesting stories to read about, you have to look no further than your history textbook, I'm sure it's full of "someone, going somewhere, doing something". But anyway, back to my post.)

While in the car, coming back from, somewhere, I looked out at my window, and guess what I saw? Cars! Lots and lots of cars. And in each and every one of those cars, there was of course, a driver (unless this is something like I-Robot and our cars are driving themselves due to some messed up computer), and maybe a passenger or two. And in that car, the driver would have a family member, and his family member would have other family members, and that other member of the family might have a cat. And that cat would have an owner, and that owner would be the family member of the family member of the driver, and your probably thinking, what does that have to do with anything? Well, In that "story" alone, I just linked one person to another two (excluding the cat).

So just think, if in that one car, one person is linked to another 2, thats a total of 3 people. Then let's say your in a traffic jam with another 15-20 cars, thats about 45-60 people! But to you, maybe thats not many. It's just a number right?

In the recent Hurricane Ike that hit the US, the death toll was reportedly up to a 50 to 55 people. Now thats about everyone in that 'made up' traffic jam of mine, and 2 of their family members. Still doesn't seem like a lot to you? Well, how bout if I bring that number closer to you, let's say your high school classroom. That death toll, is about your whole class and every subject teacher of yours. *Choi choi, touch wood*Think about that and try to say "Ohh, thats just a number."

Now, I'm not trying to send a message here, like, "take care of the environment" or such, I'm just saying that next time, lets say your reading the newspaper about the "melamine case" in China, and you read that the death toll is now up to 13 deaths, don't just say "Ohh, its just a number" because, that relatively small amount of 13, is like your favorite football team, plus the manager and assistant manager. And imagine if they were the ones who were to be affected by that. *Choi choi, touch wood*

Now, I've probably dampened your spirits a little by posting this haven't I? So, to lighten the mood, here are some pictures of cute kitties (maybe one of them is the driver's family member's family member's cat):







*condolences to the family members of the people involved in those unfortunate events I just mentioned. RIP my fellow brothers and sisters.

4 comments:

Jal said...

Wah! Proudness i am!

Sam said...

indeeddd.

dude, cats suck man. u could have used a dog. hahahaha

Mathew. said...

finally another post! haha don't tell me u took 6 months to think of this post.

melinda.e.l.s said...

OH OH! I inspired this post!

harharhar!